With the health and wellness of the community being a top priority in these trying times, the SAFE Market initiative is an online pre-order and touchless drive-thru market that provides community access to pre-packed food bags that contain fresh, locally sourced food. The SAFE Market program will serve as an emergency response to support local CA communities during the COVID-19 Pandemic by providing community access to healthy, locally sourced food while minimizing product handling and large public gatherings. (In special circumstances, SAFE Market can offer delivery to high risk individuals.) We are organizing a special delivery for Sequoia residents - please indicate delivery to this location in the Shopping Cart.
Supporting your favorite local farmers and weekly market vendors, we offer grocery and agriculture essential bags.
Beginning Thursday, March 26th the SAFE Market will operate from 2 pm - 6 pm at the site of the Portola Valley Farmers Market.
The Deadline for all orders will be 7PM the Wednesday prior to the market.
Products will only be available for purchase online.
How It Works
- Place your order for the following Thursday beginning on Friday at 8 PM PST.
- Come to the Market Thursday 2 pm - 6 pm to pick up. Drive up to the designated Pick Up location @ 765 Portola Road.
- Remain in your car, provide your name and order number. Staff will confirm via order sheet
- The order will be handed to you through the window of your vehicle.
Food Essentials Bag - Includes items such as: Eggs, Bread, Dairy, Juice, Honey, Pasta, Sauces, etc
Fresh Organic Produce Basic Bag - Includes assorted generic produce such as: Apples, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Celery, Cilantro, Lemons, Salad Mix, Red Onions, Yellow Onions, Oranges, Potatoes
Fresh Organic Produce Specialty Bag - Includes assorted specialty produce such as: Artichokes, Avocados, Rainbow Chard, Kale, Parsley, Sweet Potatoes, Spring Onions, Strawberries
1 LB Grass-Fed Ground Beef -
***Products and quantities are subject to change based on availability with limitations caused by COVID-19***
**Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness**
Note: Unclaimed bags will be donated to a local charity
The SAFE Market will operate at our usual Market location. The pick-up line will begin in front of the School House at Portola Valley Town Center, 765 Portola Road, Portola Valley. We ask that you remain in your vehicle at all times during the SAFE Market drive-thru. There will be signs and staff directing vehicles through the market area.
Products for the following week’s Market will become available online on Friday mornings at noon.
The SAFE Market takes the health and safety of our community seriously. We are doing everything possible to keep our communities safe by implementing enhanced protocols to protect and keep our customers, staff and product safe including the following:
- All staff who are sick or feeling as if they are getting sick, or have a sick family member, are instructed to stay home and not come to work.
- All staff have been instructed to wash hands even more frequently than food safety standards require and use hand sanitizer often.
- All staff and drivers are practicing frequent hand washing, the use of hand sanitizer, and utilizing sanitation best-practices while using equipment and handling products.
- All staff are regularly disinfecting all touch surfaces throughout the program.
- We have enhanced the techniques used to clean our vehicles before, during and after the SAFE Markets.
As we continue to maintain our health through the power of natural foods, we encourage and thank those able to continue to support our local family farms & businesses.